- 08 May 2018
Get Trendy For Less
When it comes to jewelry trends, it seems like they’re constantly changing and in some cases, may even be impossible to keep up with them. Some of the common trend changes happen in various pieces of jewelry, such earrings, bracelets, fashion rings, necklaces, and even body piercings. Based on the trends for 2018, these are the popular styles for each of the ones mentioned above:
• With earrings, the single earring or even penchant earrings are common purchases that are worn by those in high society to everyday people. Both of these style of earring choices have the person wearing long earring(s) that span the piercing in the ear to the neckline or even collarbone of the individual. They can be rather simple in design to having lavish gems sparkling from its many facets.
• Hand bracelets are the latest trend over traditional bracelets because of their design covering most of the hand from wrist to knuckles. This makes a greater statement piece due to its sheer size and placement across the length of the hand. The designs can vary greatly from layered chains to spider web-like designs as well as the materials used for these bracelets, which could be metals, beads, or even feathers.
• Wearing multiple rings across both hands is the norm nowadays versus wearing the traditional one or two. These rings can come in geometric shapes and span half the finger or be spread out across multiple fingers giving two different looks with the same rings. This works well with stackable rings though the variation of designs makes for great conversation pieces and aesthetics for the wearer.
• Necklaces are seeing a resurgence in heavy metals shined so well that they produce a mirroring effect. These pieces are typically made with wide rimmed designs that catch light and reflect it back for a dazzling effect. On top of these mirror pieces, there is also a comeback for necklaces that have tribal inspirations in their designs, such as the use of turquoise stones and other materials such as feathers and river stones polished to a shine.
• The last of these, but not the least, is the current jewelry trends for body piercings. There is a movement for golden details to be assimilated in the pieces so that the piercing stands out with the shine of the gold. There is also a lot of trending towards glitzy pieces especially for belly rings and cartilage earrings which makes them sparkle and stand out among the outfit for the day.
Each jewelry trends brings about some great new pieces to add to your current collection depending on your style and preferences, but with so many choices to choose from, you’ll surely find at least one to get for yourself or for a friend.